We want to welcome you to the King City Arts Magnet School (KCAM). The 2022-2023 school year is going to be an exciting one, and we are looking forward to continuing to offer the best, most inspiring educational environment for all of our students and families.
King City Arts Magnet School's goal is to educate students so that they are prepared to be successful in the 21st Century and that they are "College and Career Ready". KCAM uses the Common Core State State Standards to teach and assess learning in all content areas. Our school's philosophy is to support the following:
• Maximize the opportunity for students to develop the positive values of self-reliance, initiative, kindness, spontaneity, resourcefulness, courage, creativity, responsibility, and joy;
• Recognize that the best learning takes place when the student learns because of his/her desire to learn;
• Maintain a learning situation maximizing student self-motivation and encouraging each student to follow his/her own interests whether conceived by the student independently or in whole/part from choices of learning projects presented;
• Maximize the opportunity for teachers, parents, and students to cooperatively develop the learning progressions in all subject areas and to make this opportunity a continuous, permanent process;
• Maximize the opportunity for the students, teachers, and parents to continuously react to the changing world, including but not limited to the community in which the school is located;
• Promote parent involvement in the classroom, in PTO leadership, ELAC, School Site Council, as well as additional school.
The PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) has done a wonderful job supporting our students and programs at the Magnet School throughout the years, so we will need your help this year to keep the organization strong. Please make it a point to read all the newsletters that the Magnet School and the PTO send home and try to attend all PTO meetings so that we can work together toward the common goal of building an outstanding school for our children! If you are interested in being part of the PTO Board for the 2022-2023 School Year, please stop by the office for more information.
On behalf of myself and the King City Arts Magnet staff, we look forward to creating a lasting partnership with you and providing your child with a wonderful educational experience. We are eager to get our new school year off to an amazing start.
Please feel free to contact us anytime, about anything. Phone (831) 385-5473